Get out your glue guns and markers: time to get festive for St. Patrick’s Day! These DIY craft ideas are perfect for work, school, or a get together with friends. Pinterest and Instagram worthy.
Rainbow Party Streamer Backdrop
- Start by collecting different color streamers & some masking tape
- Secure a long piece of yarn or string across a wall with tape. The length of the string will be the length of the rainbow.
- Take a roll of streamer and attach it to the string with tape, unraveling as you go. Add small pieces of tape every 6 inches or so to keep it in place.
- Continue to attach and unroll each streamer on the string with a slight overlap.
- The ends will be all uneven so trim them up and secure with a piece of tape.
- Hang balloons at the top for a nice added touch.
Shamrock Balloon Backdrop
Step 1: With a marker, make a shamrock shape on cardboard and cut it out with scissors or utility knife.
Step 2: Cover your shamrock with green kraft paper.
Step 3: Start by attached biggest balloons first with heavy duty tape. To keep the shape of the shamrock, make sure they don’t dangle past the edges of the cardboard. Keep them inside.
Step 4: Once it’s filled in, use your lo-temp glue gun to add the balloon layers on top.
Step 5: Stuff some greenery into the balloons. You can even secure it with wire by making a hole in the cardboard and weaving the wire through.
Step 6: To hang the shamrock, attach fishing line to the back of it and attach heavy duty tape to secure it.
Clay Pot Leprechaun Hats
- Paint the pots green
- Wrap pots with a black ribbon towards the bottom and glue it
- Cut out buckles from gold cardstock
- Glue the buckles onto the black ribbon
St. Patrick’s Day Green Punch
1 bottle of rum (optional)
2 (12 oz) cans of frozen limeade concentrate
2 (12 oz) cans of frozen lemonade concentrate
2 quarts lime sherbet
In a large punchbowl, combine all of the ingredients except for the sherbet. Add half of the sherbet right before the guests arrive.
Rice Krispie Treats with Lucky Charms
1/4 cup of butter
4 cups of soft marshmallows
5 cups of Rice Krispie cereal
1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract
Green food coloring (optional)
3/4 cup of Lucky Charm’s marshmallows
Melt butter over low heat until completely melted. Gradually add marshmallows and stir often to avoid burning them. When mixture is completely melted, add 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla and your green food coloring and mix well. Remove from heat and stir in your Rice Krispie cereal. Once